Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One lost stitch

I have been knitting a sweater for Moddle and the needles that are needed are very small, size 4. The stitches are small and easy to miss. To day I found that I missed one. I had to unravel 6 rows to get back to the spot were I messed up then I lost another stitch and had to unravel another row. I found my self very frustrated that I was having so much trouble with it then I thought about habits and spirituality. I decided that missing a stitch was like not reading scriptures. You can go for a while without seeing a problem. Then you look at what you have become and find that there are peaces missing and that you have to "go back" and fix them. Some times it is hard and the way or thing we thought was wrong is only the beginning and we have to go back farther or search deeper to find out what went wrong, But... That is were the beauty lies. The savior will take us by the hand and lead us. If we let him. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of my savior and his role in my life.

2 comments:

JAMIE said...

that's what is so great about you Kendra, you took the time to think about that. I just would have been cursing at missing the stitch. :) I don't think I'll ever take up crocheting or knitting.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comparison!

Trishelle said...

Beautiful analogy, Kendra. I don't think I will look at a knitting needle the same way again.