Friday, August 22, 2008

It could happen to you

We always hear this phrase but seldom do we really think that it will be us. Today, for example, I went to an appointment leaving one kid at one house and the other teo at another. After said appointment went and got the two kids and drove to get the other one. I decided that I would leave the two in the car, I would only be a moment right? Well...One moment turned into a few, as the one that had to leave didn't want to, I know leave you friends what was I thinking. So we got out to the car to find Hopper laughing for he decided to lock Shelter and I out, effectively locking Moddle ALONE in the car. We were lucky enough to get a hold of dispatch and Moddle was fine, the keys were also in the car and it was running, luckily. Needless to say, I will take the time to take them with me. Even if only for a moment.

1 comment:

JAMIE said...

It is actually illegal in the state of Utah to leave your children in the car without a person of at least age 14 in the car with them. My neighbor got cited for being away from her vehicle, with it running, locked with children inside for 2 minutes. The police officer took the complaint from a citizen, then came to my neighbor's house to deliver the citation. She now has a misdemeanor violation on her record for at least 3 years until she can have it expunged.

She helped me learn my lesson, it's so tempting to leave them in the car. I really if it can be avoided try not to, if it is over a 45 second, completely in eye range circumstance.

I'm glad that the officer came to help and didn't ticket you, and even more relieved that this story had a happy ending.