Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hoppers First Day Of School


Hopper slept in, funny since I was up around 7. He eat his food got dress did his hair and brushed his teeth. Then we waited. 8:30 finally got here and we walked to school. I took him to his new class. I have to admit, I was impressed with what I saw. Hopper went around the room looking for his name in all the places around the room then I said it was time for me to go...that is when I realized that for 3 hours he wasn't mine I slowly walked down the sidewalk saying over and over in a whisper"he is going to be alright." And of course he was. I walked back to the school and was 10 min. early... I was the first mom there. I waited for the doors to open. It was funny, it reminded me of an airport. All the moms waiting for their kids. And the kids streaming out looking for mom. Hopper finally came out and told me of all his grand adventures on the way home. Shelter did very well at home We found a sit called http://www.starfall.com .It helps with early reading skills. He loved it. Moddle slept and didn't even know he was gone.

5 comments:

Trishelle said...

Congrats to you both for making through the first day!

Rae said...

Congrats! Huge step, this kindergarten stuff.

Bethani said...

Wow! I can't believe how big he is! Already in kindergarten. I remember him when he was at his smallest :) I miss you guys!

jenica said...

hey, i just found you again through bethani. i'm so happy to see you so happy. is that picture in your side bar from when we went out as laurels together to the country club?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

does he hop