Sunday, February 1, 2009

Doldrums

I find myself drifting, with no way to change course.

I have the tools to change.

I have the knowledge to do things differently.

Yet here i am...unmoving.

I sit and think of all I can do, some times I even do it. I made a sling bag and shawl on friday and went around on Saturday looking for something to do.

I have my house in order. I take time for me. My kids have time to do tings with Hansom, and me.

Yet I am left unsatisfied. I feel there is more for me to do, so I go and go. I clean up after every mess spend less that 10 min. cleaning a day, because that is all it takes.

Maybe things will change soon. Hansom is starting work tomorrow. He hasn't worked for over 6 months. He did his student teaching then has been home all day every day for the last 2 and 1/2 months. We had time to do many things that we wouldn't otherwise had the time to do, but now that things are in order and I can keep them there I need space. I don't know how to get it.

I took Hansoms Grandma shopping on Saturday I was gone for 2 1/2 hours and when I came back I felt like I had been gone all day and things feel apart and I took to long and Hansom had other things he needed to do.

I think that I am always getting in the way of myself. I think that my second thought is better than my first and run into trouble second guessing myself all the time.

Yet another thing to overcome...

1 comment:

Lorelai said...

I've been feeling similarly, although I have a messy house to clean after being sick for so long. (At least it wasn't the flu!)

I suggest we need to get out of the house. We should find some organization that we could do service for.

We should go on walks.

Anything to get us out of the house and keep busy (and warm!)