Thursday, November 4, 2010

Motivation

I have often wondered what motivates Derrick to write. I know that the Lord has given him a lite to share and this is his gift for doing it. I can't believe the stories that fly from his fingers. The stories he weves and the pictures he paints with his words.

I am the wife a writer...and not just any writer, Derrick Paul Duncan. He is so wonderful. He works around the family to create his worlds. He can see the place he is creating and bring me into it in just a few words.

This month is national write a novel month. I was a bit skeptical at first. 50,000 words in a month is a lot. With his new job he has time during the day to write. I have a hard time some days letting him go. I don't get to sleep with him during the night because of his work and during the day he sleeps so the few hours I get I take, and some times more that I should. It has been hard to let him sleep and not ask him to be with me. I have Friday and Saturday nights. He is trying so hard to be so many things and I am proud of his ability to acomplish so much.

I love to read all of his work, some stories I don't like and others I can't get enough of. I love that he brings me into the story by talking about it with me and asking what I think. I almost fell like a small part of me goes into each story.

Derrick, I know you can do it. This month will be an adventure and I am happy to go on it with you!!!

No comments: