Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is upon us

I LOVE christmas! When I was little I remember Christmas being a magical time of year where angels would leave presents and goodies on the doorstep. Making grandma's amazing sugar cookies. Reading and watching christmas stories with family. Reenacting the Christmas story. Making gifts for loved ones and trying to see what they got me. It was such a magical time. I want the same ting for my children. I have learned, as I think that every parent must, that even if all you have for your child to open is some thing small that you made it means more that all the things that they say they want. They DON'T need it all. Christmas isn't about getting things, it is more about remembering those you love and showing it in any way you can. As the savior would. In the Scriptures I don't remember Christ ever giving his disciples great worldly gifts. As I remember it he gave the love and knowledge of the gospel. If we focus on the same things then we will not only be showing the love that we have for each other, but the love that our father has for us. 

No comments: